Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An {Italian} Affair

We had some friends over this past weekend for an Italian feast. I tried my hand at homemade bread and pasta noodles, along with Alfredo sauce, a fresh salad, and lemon-blueberry sorbet. The noodles turned out fabulous, I only wish my two little Yorkies didn't get a hold of half of the dough! Grrr. I must say, I had great recipes that were easy to follow - thanks to Jacques Pepin's "Complete Techniques" (a culinary masterpiece).

Although I ended up with flour all over myself (what else can you expect?!) I had a lot of fun with the bread and noodles. Our guests were truly surprised when they didn't have to eat store bought. The evening was a last minute thing, but I think it was a lot of fun for everyone (excluding the dishes). It was great to dine with friends we hadn't seen in a while and catch up.

Homemade Pasta Noodles




Photos by {me}

No comments: