Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Leftovers

Now the questions is, what to do with all of that bread I made? FYI - 2 loaves is WAY too much for two people. ;)

Well, I couldn't let me homemade bread go to waste, so I figured it was panini time! I know I cut a corner on this one, but I bought a pre-roasted chicken from the grocery store (what can I say, it was a long day at work . . . and a Monday). I decided on pesto, roasted tomatoes, mozzarella, and obviously roasted chicken.

The Ingredients


A couple of guys were over for a Fantasy Football draft, so my panini's were scarfed down (always a good sign). I did however manage to get one picture . . .


The Panini
Photos by {Me}

{Recipe} Pesto:
* 1 cup tightly packed Basil
* 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
* 1 clove Garlic
* 1/2 cup Olive Oil

1. Add basil, pine nuts, and finely chopped garlic clove (or put it through garlic press) into a mixer or food processor
2. SLOWLY drizzle in olive oil until mixture becomes smooth and looks like a spread
3. Enjoy on your favorite sandwiches and pasta

No comments: