Sunday, September 19, 2010

Miso & Ginger Flank Steak

Geez, I can't believe it's been 4 days since I've been able to update my blog!  I've been running around like crazy and am trying to take some time to catch up.  Last Thursday was another late night at work and I didn't want to be in the kitchen all night.  I ran to the grocery store and grabbed some miso and flank steak and realized I was also going to need a glass of wine.  :)

My little brother is staying with use right now and I knew that miso steak was going to be out of his comfort zone (he's never had anything with miso in it before), but he ate a ton of the steak and actually liked it!  I had to call my mom and let her know and she couldn't believe it either.  His picky ways are changing . . . maybe he'll end up becoming a foodie as well!! 

This recipe is very easy to make and extremely simple.  It's a great preparation for flank steak and can be made in under an hour (including the time spent marinating) which is ideal for a busy week night.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.

{Recipe} Miso-Ginger Flank Steak
   * 2 Tblsp miso paste
   * 1 Tbls ginger, grated
   * 1/4 cup sesame oil
   * 1/4 cup soy sauce
   * 1 1/2 lbs flank steak

1.) Combine miso paste, ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce in a bowl and mix together.  

2.) Rub mixture onto both sides of steak and place in a plastic bag.  Place steak in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 30 min.

3.) Remove steak from plastic bag and grill to your liking.  If it is cold or raining out (as it has been here lately), you can pan sear the steak with a little sesame oil on the bottom of the pan.





No comments: